Tuesday 5 August 2014

Mission Impossible

After the heavy rain this morning, we thought we would take a trip up to the allotment. So with tools in hand, off we all trotted. Well! Only 10 minutes into digging, Jack decided that he needed to go for a poo. We don't have a toilet on site so we had to return home. Luckily this is only a five minute walk away. We left Dan digging with Harry watching to make sure he did a good job. On our return we find that Harry had filled his nappy. Adding to the fun, no clean nappies were on site. So yes you've guessed it. What a nightmare !! We wondered if we were ever going to get any digging done. Dan took both the boys home and I was left with my spade. Dan had managed to start clearing a large area before he left.



I started to clear a smaller area of ground and could have shouted with joy, when my spade went through the mud. It was like a hot knife going through butter. Once I started, I couldn't stop. It took me about an hour and a half to clear all the grass off the top and dig the soil over. The area looks good now and is ready for some weeding and more digging over.




We are starting to see the different areas which will hopefully become our growing beds.


As Dan had left with the car (yes only five minutes walk away, but it's blooming humid and the kids were a nightmare) I was left with all the tools to carry home.



After all of the days hard work, hours of endless screaming and crying children, a well deserved cup of tea was waiting for me when I got home. We are so jealous of all you allotmenteers with loads of summer veg!


No comments:

Post a Comment